My Blog List

Sunday, January 24, 2010

Olive oil Muffins.




So today, Sunday morning,
Georgia, Wylder and myself and I finally made those Olive Oil Muffins I found on Smitten Kitchen and have been conspiring to make ever since.
I have to admit, this sort of baked good is really my thing and no one else in this house hold shares my enthusiasm for bran and olive and other heavy baked goods of the sort
Kids will be kids, and Daniel whose favorite cake (which has now officially become his traditional birthday cake) is an almond and custard filled Gateau Basque, did not understand the charm of these muffins.
Now, having said this, it occurred to me that chocolate would be a great way to give these a perk.
Indeed, Georgia and Wilder, were all over them as soon Nutella was added..
To me the nutty chocolate-y Nutella only enhanced the flavors of the olive oil and citrus. Everybody was happy.
Well almost everybody, Daniel remained unsold on the idea. "Where do I fit in a craving for such a muffin. Is it breakfast? afternoon? dinner?"
I say all of the above, because (and not that I recommend this on a regular basis,) Georgia and Wilder are stuffed after having one of these satisfying muffins. Dinner will be served much later tonight.
Here's to lazy Sunday afternoons in the kitchen.
And then, to watching the sunset from the bedroom window.

No comments:

Post a Comment