My Blog List

Wednesday, December 23, 2009

Wednesday evening.

Morning steel cut Irish oats.
We eat every day.
Wylder looooves it, Georgia, on and off.
I looove it and so does Daniel.



We never made it out of the house to buy the ingridients for the boeuf bourguignon yesterday.
We never left the house.
I worked on my blog and took a long bath in the evening, I like to take baths on swimming days when my chlorinated skin feels like its crawling with drying bugs.
It was the kind of day I have come to appreciate, much to the chagrin of Georgia who is always hopping and skipping and bouncing off the couches, as opposed to her brother who is a much calmer fella.

So today we finally went out, to shop fir the great dish we are planning to eat tomorrow night, Xmas eve. This after watching the movie "Julie and Julia" last week. Georgia was ready to cook Boeuf Bourgeinion as soon as the movie was over.
Wt can not afford to eat out usually, (and nothing new today) ,but we are always looking for very reasonable good places to go which might almost compare with eating at home. Today we headed for a place we found out about which serves fresh Vietnamese fare. After a meltdown on Wylder's part (he was going going mid day no nap crisis. Some scenes ensued (but we only go to noisy and casual places these days), finally we settled down into our meal, Wylder included and there was peace for 10 minutes (we eat fast these days).
The food was simple and fresh and light and even Wylder, who would rather skip a meal for a green apple any time, ate well. I wish I had my camera, to take pictures. Next time, I promise.
Our financial wows have to do with more than the economy at this point in time,. but this being only my second post I shall leave the troubles for another time - perhaps.

Then when we reached the Farmers' Market for our favorite butcher, some scenes with Georgia who is trying to have us buy an ever growing list of things whenever we go anywhere. (The list might include anything from ice cream to donuts moving on to fake snow flake powder, webkinz and so on and so forth you name it etc. and finally shopping for food.
I lost it along the way and raised my voice more than once (to put it mildly).
We got home exhausted as usual,
Ready to attack the making of . . .(such a long name) it turned out that the beef only needed to be put in a red wine marinate with herbs and vegetables, there was no cooking to be done tonight (as the beef needs to marinate over night) Georgia's was greatly disappointed, but we enjoyed a glass of wine and got in the mood with "Alone" by Heart, watched all the versions of it on YouTube and read a chapter of Enola Holmes Mystery. She is Sherlock's 14 year old sister clearly on her way to making one very sharp detective. I love reading well written books (usually British) to Georgia. Despite her twisting and wiggling every which way looking for any possible distraction, I managed to get through a chapter and look up some words in the dictionary together. Georgia has been a reader since the age of 3, but getting her to sit her scrawny butt down and get into a book is no easy feat. In any case, this book would be too much for her and I enjoy reading it myself.
Later, much, afater Georgia and Wylder finally went to bed we had Balance Ball  late night sex. Calm and stretched out from the inside out I went to bed, but Daniel stayed up as usual, designing on the computer until 3am.
There is no end to the places and positions to be found in our small adobe and that's not to say the bedroom is out of bounds just because two kids are sleeping there. But that's for another post, perhaps.
And tomorrow, swimming in the early Am and Boeuf Bourguinon in the early afternoon and everything in between.
Good nite.

No comments:

Post a Comment