My Blog List

Monday, December 28, 2009

When in doubt, have sex.




Morning,
Yes, I know, I said it was going to be about sex, but that doesn't mean there is not a day that leads up to it.
Allow me to warm up by telling you about food (very connected to sex).
Starting with breakfast, my favorite part of the day.
At 8:30 today after meditation and saluting the sun, I was making tea for myself and coffee for sleepy Daniel.
The usual Irish Steel Cut Oatmeal is in the picture too . Made with whole milk, cookedd slow and long on low heat (25-30 minutes with a little milk added every 5-7 minutes) and a few large grains of good sea salt. (A kitchen timer is absolutely necessary to have on hand, or else!)
Today I am making an Omlette that I make a lot because Wilder (who is a very small eater) will eat it (not Georgia) and it's a delicious way to get him to eat some spinach.
Today is also my first time posting one of my very own recipes.
So here it is with pictures of course.
Recipe yields three portions.
1/4 pound Firm Tofu; (makes between 20- 30 nicely cut white cubes)
4 eggs.
3/4 cup cut spinach.
a healthy pinch of good sea salt
Two twist of the pepper mill filled with (preferably) Malabar Pepper
Tbls of Grape seed oil
Tbls of butter
How to make:
In a bowl mix ingredients well (I use a fork so as not to mash the Tofu, I like to leave the cubes)


Start on high heat, I let the oil and butter heat up in the pan before I pour in the mixture.
Give it a good seven minutes until the edges of the omlette start bubbling and browning.
That's when I cut in half and even 4 and start flipping. (no I don't bother to leave it whole, it's divided into plates anyway.
After flipping turn down heat and give it another 5 -7 minutes on other side so that the eggs will be cooked through,
Serve with toast and butter and, of course, Irish Steel Cut Oats.
Enjoy!

As for the sex, as much as I would like to have it after a beautiful meal, unfortunately for us, not with breakfast, but later, much later.
When the evening (night) arrives and it's finally our time. I am exhausted! It's been a long day, not a moment to myself and all I want to do is lock myself in my office (bathroom) do my nightly cleansing and go to bed. So of course, the easiest casualty in this daily grind is the sex - tomorrow - I tell myself - "tomorrow".
I go and give Daniel a distant kiss goodnight(cause there's not going to be any sex tonight) and off I go, (leaving him at the computer).
But, somehow, this does not work out well for me. I lay there in the empty bed, listening to my children's sweet breath and I toss and I turn and I try to breath deep and blank my mind but as tired as I surely am, sleep escapes me. It has taken me a long time to come to the realization that when in doubt have sex. I need Daniel's warmth, his hug and I need to be close and break the barriers and allow myself to come undone and let go, more than, are you ready for this? Sleep!
Yes, I said it, even when it's the last thing I want to do, having been a mom all day and certainly not in touch with being sexy - the truth is, I need sex! So lately, when this happens, I don't wait, I, just do it! I take it! and I allow myself to be selfish! to be demanding! to be greedy and get an orgasm! To me the best "turn on" is when I feel Daniel being close to his and I'm hoping this works both ways.
Needless to say - afterward falling asleep is easy, even if Daniel chooses to get up and go back to his computer, (he likes to work late at night when the house is quiet) I still sleep easy, with the bed all to myself, but now it's OK.

**************************************************************************************
We often sit down together with the kids (either Daniel or me) to draw before bed time. Georgia and Wilder will otherwise spend this time bouncing off the couch and walls, because of course the more tired the more wired.
Here are tonight's creations






Wider said this was a Robot,
And Georgia was into snails this evening, what with the snow woman and all. She made herself a hairpin of a snail stuck on a chopstick and wore it in her hair all evening Happily.














One of my favorite bedtime calming teas is fennel seeds with a cinnamon stick.
If you let it steep for a while the cinnamon, besides its wonderful aroma will gives the tea some serious sweetness.








Sweet sleep

No comments:

Post a Comment