My Blog List

Friday, December 25, 2009

Xmas day







Xmas, morning,
A beautiful crisp day.
Sun salutations in a beam of light coming form our big glorious living room window.


Morning green drink for me
Irish steel cut oatmeal and country bread with avocado and of course,, Italian Machiatto coffee which I take a little of as well.

later, bacon and eggs with Chai tea and soy milk.
And . . . figuring out the day.
List of things to be mindful off:
Be calm,
Be self conscious and try to love yourself even when you hate yourself.
Never raise your voice,
When you are ready to explode with impatience during the lingering afternoon hours either take a walk, or take a breathing break in the bathroom (do it before it's too late!).
Love yourself, love yourself, if you remember to love yourself you will be a great Mom today.
As for cravings:

A) don't forget the power and beauty of a freshly brewed cup of tea, all you need to do is take that time to enjoy it!
B) Do not forget the power of self restraint, in the end of the day it feel goooood, and the next day even better.

Sounds superb Juno , now sit back and watch the show.
oh, and don't forget to enjoy it!

It's 1pm - third pile of dishes of the day is happening.

When you have no money the weekends and holidays seem three times as long.
Our new business is an endeavor which takes more patience than I imagined.
The holiday is a time to make friends with doing nothing as far as moving things along for yourself go.
But worry will get me nowhere.
At birth Daniel was endowed with patience in abundance. Sometimes, just looking at his calm ease makes me want to scream! I am worried! I got a lot to worry about! my insides are on fire!
But Daniel is designing the products that hopefully will sell, while I'm the one with the time to sit here and think about all the "What ifs"

will there still be a roof above my head next month?
I don't think I'll be good at having to move out of necessity not knowing where I' going.
Not to mention it ain't going to be a place of my choice.
You must not think of this now, got to keep it together! You're the mom around here, an adult, remember?
Yes, and then there's always the laundry, thank god for the laundry.

A quiet day, the kids watching TV in the bedroom covered themselves with a pink blanket and sank into a hypnotic state.
At 3pm we warmed up the Boeuf Bouguinnone. As expected with such a deeply rich stew it was better today and probably will be better tomorrow.
I took a long brisk walk at 5pm. Got home and discovered at new post from Smitten Kitchen.
It was for Pear Bread, it looked wonderfully easy and fun to make with Georgia and Wylder and I had all the ingridients. well, almost, the recipe required 4 pairs and I only had two, so we made it with 2 pairs and 2 apples. How bad could it be?
So we made Pear Bread. Lots of lickings . . .. .. mmmmmm


And now it's almost 9pm and everybody's waiting to taste the cake that just came out of the oven before bed time. Hot and steamy we all dig in.
Yummy . . . .
v














On her post, Deb said that this cake gets better everyday, hitting it's best on the fifth day.
Well, I don't know about the fifth day, it'll be lucky to sruvive 3, but one thing's for sure, it's pear (and apple) bread for breakfast tomorrow.
Now, that's something worth getting up for.

No comments:

Post a Comment